Friday, August 12, 2011

Rose Mcgowan


Rose McGowan dazzled on the red carpet last night in a sparkly blue and green sequinned dress as she turned out to the Los Angeles premiere of her new film, Conan The Barbarian, last night.
Her appearance came after she made the astonishing admission in a new interview that she was brought up by drag queens - who she still thanks to this day for showing her 'how to paint her face'.
The 37-year-old actress, who had a rocky childhood, was born in Italy as a member of the Children of God cult.
She moved to the U.S. aged 10, but tells gay magazine Advocate how she ran away aged 13 and was taken in by drag queens.
'At 13, when I was a runaway, I was taken in by the most amazing drag queens in Portland, Ore,' McGowan told the publication.
'We didn’t always know where our next meal was coming from, but there was so much camaraderie and love. Not to mention, those girls could paint a face, and I learned how because of them.'
The Machete actress plays powerful witch Marique in Conan The Barbarian, a remake of the 1982 film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
She stars alongside up and coming actor Jason Momoa who stars in the titular role of the swords and sorcery epic.
But Rose, who is a fierce advocate for the gay community, says she would love to get her teeth stuck into a lesbian love scene in a future role.
'I disappoint myself,' she continued. 'I’ve never even kissed a girl. Isn’t that funny? The girls I think are cute look like guys, but then I think, "But if they open their shirt, they’ll have breasts".'
'I’d be stoked to do a lesbian love scene. When asked if I’ve kissed a girl, I could finally say, "Why, yes, I have. And I got paid".'
Last night McGowan cosied up to 32-year-old Momoa on the red carpet, who looked smart in a three piece suit with his long hair pulled into a ponytail.
He packed on 20lbs of lean muscle to play the role, bulking out his already-hulking frame.
The star, who appears on hit TV show Game of Thrones, was joined by his partner, actress Lisa Bonet and her 22-year-old daughter Zoe, by her former husband Lenny Kravitz.
Hawaiian-born Momoa will be seen in 3D in the remake of Arnie's 1982 effort, which also stars Rachel Nichols as Tamara, Conan's love interest and Ron Pearlman as his father Corin.
Nichols arrived on the carpet looking stunning in a backless dress and high heels.
Momoa has worked hard on beefing up his physique, putting in six hours of training a day to play the part.

No comments:

Post a Comment