Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Heidi Montag


Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt were once so over-exposed they were banned from being written or talked about at various news outlets. Now the former "Hills" stars are relatively in hiding, saying they're now broke and their quest for fame was a "mistake."
clearpxl
Though Montag does currently appear on VH1's "Famous Food," the days of photo ops raking in $3,000 are long gone and were down to only $300 in 2010. That figure in 2011, well, who knows?
"Everything we were doing, in retrospect, was a mistake. The second we continued on our quest for fame was a mistake.” Spencer Pratt told the Daily Beast. “This isn’t a business. That was the big thing I didn’t get: Reality TV is not a career. Anyone who says, ‘Oh, you can have a career in reality’—that is a lie.”
Well, that's certainly not true for some reality star ventures. Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Girl empire, their fellow "Hills" co-star's Lauren Conrad's fashion design, and Kim Kardashian's endorsement of just about everything have all proven successful.
But Montag, who spent an estimated $2 million on her failed music career and an obscene numbers of plastic surgeries (which she also regrets), forgot to be as likeable as Kim Kardashian in the process.
“I should have known growing up and not having any money ever that I should have kept every dollar that I had,” Heidi said. “I thought I was investing in myself and my brand. Like Kim.”
"When she buys these clothes, she’s investing in herself. Because she is a big brand and is likeable. I thought I had that potential," she added. "My ego got too big. To think I could be someone like that when I was the most hated girl ever."
Like "Famous Food," the duo probably have a lot more pseudo-celebrity reality television in their future.
“If they called me right now and said, ‘We want you to be on Jersey Shore and be a bully, and we’ll bring your paycheck back,’" Spencer says, "I’d say, ‘Get me on a plane to Italy.’"

No comments:

Post a Comment