Monday, August 1, 2011

Friendship Quotes


The World Friendship Day was observed on July 30. However, some of the countries observe the friendship day on first Sunday of August.
India will observe the Friendship on August 7, 2011.


Earlier, on April 27, 2011, the General Assembly of the United Nation declared July 30th as official International Friendship Day.


The custom of celebrating Friendship Day is getting popularized by the frequent use of mobile phones and Internet. The custom of sending Friendship SMS, and Friendship messages, Friendship Quotes, Friendship scraps and Friendship greetings are getting popular vial cellphones and social networking websites.


The idea of a World Friendship Day was first proposed on July 20, 1958 by Dr. Artemio Bracho during a dinner with friends in Puerto Pinasco, Paraguay.


Here are few Friendship day SMS for the Samaylive readers:

A single candle can illuminate an entire room. A true friend lights up an entire lifetime. Thanks for the bright lights of ur friendship.

A friend is sweet when it is new. And it is sweeter when it is true. But you know what? It is sweetest when it is u.

A coin is easy to earn, a friend is hard to find. The coin depreciates but a friend appreciates. I lost a coin when I smsed u, but it's okay because I got u.

If you open my heart, guess what u r gonna see? It's U. True friends are hard to find so I kept u.

What is a friend? She looks out 4 u, inspires u, laughs with u, cries with u, understands u, guides u and walks with u. That's what a friend is... u.


How long shall v b friends? Do u want a clue? As long as stars twinkle in the sky, till the water runs dry & till the day I die. We will b friends.

When ur down, I'll be there to cheer u up. When ur tired, I'll be there to lift u up. I'll be ur friend no matter what!

Time & distance are important between friends. When a friend is in ur heart, they remain there forever. I may be busy, but I assure u, u are always in my heart!


Do u ever recall the first day we met? R first hello? The day we became friends? Well, I do and I will always remember. For that very day, I knew I'd cherish u.

Some friends are remembered because of their smile. Some friends are remembered because of their style. But u are remembered because u r so nice to remember. Take care.


I admit I'll never be the perfect friend. I'll never be there always. I may not make u smile at times but there is one thing I admit I could do. To be the person I could be for u.

Thank you for touching my life in ways u may never know. My riches do not lie in material wealth but in having friends like u - a precious gift from God!


I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I'm surrounded by angels but I call them my best friends.

If U need a friend and there are a hundred steps between us, u can take the 1st step to get near me and i will take all 99 step to be there for u.


A true friend is one who overlooks ur failures and tolerates ur successes.

Life without friendship is like the sky without sun.

Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver the other gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment